While you may think we are barely into spring, it’s not too early to be dreaming about summer!
When it comes to summer break, we’re often consumed with planning family vacations and thinking of how we are going to maximize the beautiful Michigan weather. But don’t let this perfect season sneak up on you without proper planning for your practice’s marketing strategy. Whether you’re a medical practice or a plastic surgery practice, summer is a fantastic time to ramp up your marketing and email campaign efforts. Here are several ideas to get you started!
10 Summer Marketing IdeasKeep your summer marketing strategy fresh with these fun and seasonal ideas! As the temperature rises, make sure your engagement does too!
1. Support a Charity:It's no secret that when the good weather finally shows up in Michigan, everyone is happier! This is the perfect opportunity to spread the joy by supporting a local charity. Partner with the non-profit of your choice, create social media posts that support their effort, and tell your patients how they can get involved. One great idea is to collect books at your practice to donate and support a local summer reading program. Not to mention, there are dozens of local walks and runs in the upcoming months that you could sponsor.
2. Run an Instagram or Facebook Contest:A fantastic way to create buzz is to run a social media contest! People are enticed to participate for the chance of winning a high-quality prize. One idea is to run a contest like “Share Your Summer Dreams.” All respondents must share one of their hopes for summer and then will be entered into a drawing for the prize of your choice. This creates an opportunity for you to get to know your patients and for you to start a conversation. Promote your contest by creating a video of your staff sharing their summer dreams. This will also help people get to know you! To make the contest as successful as possible, create an interactive landing page showcasing videos, posts, and a form to capture emails; this form can also include a “Share your summer dream” field.
3. Host an Office Tour with Treats:
Even in Michigan, the summers get hot! Host a “Keep it Cool” event where you invite current and potential patients to tour your facility! Offer cold treats like ice cream, lemonade, iced tea, or even a happy hour!
4. Stay Current on Social Media:There seems to be a holiday every day of the year these days! Make sure you are staying current and taking advantage of these fun days. For example, June 21st is the first day of summer and National Selfie Day! A fun way to get people to celebrate the start of summer is to ask them to post a selfie! If you want to ramp up the incentive, enter participants into a fun drawing!
5. Be Patriotic:The summer months feel a bit more patriotic than the other seasons of the year thanks to bonfires, grilling out, and of course, 4th of July! Designate days to wear red, white, or blue scrubs throughout the summer and post to social media. This kind of post will give your followers a taste of your personality and help them feel festive. If you want to really embrace patriotism, host a cookout at your practice sometime during the summer for current and potential patients!
6. Show Some Skin:
While these “holidays” may seem a little risque, if you’re a plastic surgery practice, you may be able to get away with it! July 5th is National Bikini Day and July 14th is National Nude Day! While we don’t want your patients posting pictures of them baring all, you could promote your services that will help them look and feel better in the nude on these days.
7. Everybody Deserves a Massage Week:Who doesn’t love an indulgent massage? Everybody Deserves a Massage Week runs from July 10th - 16th and is sponsored by the Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP) as a way to promote the benefits of massage. Participating spas and massage therapists will offer discounts and specials on treatments, so check your local listings for the opportunity to share these benefits with your followers! It wouldn’t hurt to reach out to some of these practices to see if there is a way to collaborate and drive interest!
8. Actively Use Facebook Live/Instagram Live:While live streaming is gaining traction in leaps and bounds, summer is a fantastic time to make it a regular part of your marketing efforts. Live streaming allows you to show patients a behind-the-scenes look at your practice. Not to mention, if you’re hosting all sorts of fun contests and events in the summer, you will have a lot to talk about!
9. Create a Human Element Hashtag Campaign:We cannot stress the power of hashtag campaigns enough. By creating a movement behind a positive message you will not only gain awareness, but you can positively impact the lives of your followers! The UK skincare company, Sanctuary Spa, came up with a powerful campaign called “Relax, Breathe & #LetGo.” This campaign succeeded because it identified with women of every generation. The company found in a survey that a staggering 70% of women feel extreme pressure to be perfect and 40% feel as though they have a high chance of burning out at any time. The video interviews older women about their regrets and what they would do differently if they could go back in time. You can create your own campaign or build off of theirs with a local hashtag such as #LetGoAnnArbor.
10. As the Temperature Rises, Lower Your Prices:Here’s an idea inspired by Goodbuy Girls, a vintage shop in Nashville, TN. They successfully utilized this tactic last year - customers received $10 off any purchase of $100 or more when the temperature rose above 100 degrees. This could also apply to services or by offering a percentage off. Keep your customers happy and help them beat the heat!
5 Summer Themed Email CampaignsEmail campaigns are an important part of your marketing strategy, and there are a lot of summer-related ideas to help ramp up your practice’s efforts this summer! Here are 5 summer-themed email campaigns to get you started!
1. Highlight Your “Get Ready for Summer” Products or Services:One of the things people think a lot about leading up to summer is whether or not they are “summer-ready.” Whether that means their skin, their weight, or how they look in general, they think a lot about what they will look like once all of the layers of clothing come off. Make sure your current and potential patients know all you have to offer to help them feel more confident and comfortable in their skin. This could include a variety of things including sunscreen, Intense Pulse Light, cellulite treatment, or Coolsculpting. Make sure whenever you send an email campaign featuring a product or service, you clearly articulate the value it will provide your patients (instead of just showcasing the features of that particular product/service).
2. Create Summer-themed Emails, Newsletters, and Event Announcements:There are a lot of great holidays leading up to and during the summer months. Make your emails a bit more festive and send a cheerful note on Memorial Day, Father’s Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, etc. If you need a bit more inspiration, check out this calendar of fun themes. Think of ways to add a bit of positivity to your patient’s day while also sharing valuable tips and ideas regarding your practice!
3. Create a Fun Series of Emails to Gain Subscribers:To have a successful email marketing campaign, you need a constantly growing list of subscribers! Offer a discount code for varying services (one service per email) or a free cosmetic consultation in exchange for your followers/fans email address. One idea is to send an email with this as your title, “Put this on your vacation packing list…” and then offer readers a discount on your skincare products. Rotate these offerings throughout the summer.
4. Partner with Local Businesses that Complement Your Practice:A productive way to create meaningful partnerships and to offer added value to your patients is to partner with relevant, local businesses. For example, you could partner with spas, boutiques, salons, or even organic markets. Once a partnership is formed, send a series of co-branded marketing emails that promote your services and then offer a service or discount to the local business you have partnered with. For example, “Get a free 15-minute chair massage after a Botox treatment.” Not only will this strengthen your reputation in the area, it will also be a big perk for your patients!
72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles.
5. Celebrate Father’s Day:Father’s Day is a great way to celebrate the men in your life and give them much-deserved attention. A fun way to build the anticipation for the holiday is to create a series of emails focusing on men’s products/services. Take the time to get to know the needs of your male patients and send them messages including something truly special (tips, ideas, life-hacks, discounts, etc.). Then, end your email campaign with a Father’s Day event! Guests can invite their families, but only the men will be given gift bags and be entered to win free gifts!
Summer may seem like it is a ways off, but now is the time to start planning your marketing and email campaign strategies! It’s no secret that people are happier in the summer - and frankly, we all want to feel and look our best! Make sure you think strategically about the messages you are sending, the events you are hosting, and the way you are engaging with your current and potential patients!
Ready to make a plan for your summer marketing campaigns? Contact Outlet Creative Group today!