In this blog post, we will cover 18 social media marketing ideas that will rev up your business this Fall. Social media allows ample opportunity to instantly engage, interact and share unlimited content with fellow users. It is one of the most effective channels for marketers to connect with their audience.
In the world of B2B marketing, where targeting your audience and building relationships is crucial to lead generation, the use of social media is a no-brainer. According to the 2016 Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends— North America report, 93% of B2B marketers use social media, making it the most common B2B marketing strategy. Unfortunately, it is also reported to be one of the most difficult digital marketing tactics to execute correctly.
Need some help executing ideas to boost your social media campaign? Some great tips are offered in the following excerpt from the eBook “Marketing Ideas to Generate More Business This Fall” by HubSpot and Square.
“By 2016, you probably already realize the value of using social media to expand your reach online. But have you paid attention to how much social media changes? In the social realm, it’s not enough just to do the same old, same old. Luckily, we have tons of tips of new channel and promotion tips for you to try as you’re pushing into the fall and holiday season.”
Social Media Ideas
- Use your social media accounts to highlight local events like charity fundraisers, which helps establish your business as a good neighbor in the community.
- If you don’t have the money to hire a social media expert, concentrate your efforts where it makes sense for your business. For example, if you run a boutique, visuals are key, so consider focusing on Instagram, which can be a powerful tool for showcasing your products and work.
- Consolidate your social media strategy (https://blog.bufferapp.com/social-media-audit). If you find social media too time consuming to manage, focus on one or two outlets, like Facebook and Instagram (depending on your audience). It’s better to do a few things well and gain your customers’ trust than spread yourself too thin by being unresponsive.
- (PRO TIP) Create social images for your highest performing offers and develop a promotion schedule.
comic source: http://www.howtogeek.com/author/asianangel/
- Get a Pinterest business account. You get extra functionality like a Save It button on your website, Pinterest Analytics, Promoted Pins, and Rich Pins.
- Run an experiment on a social network you don’t have a strong presence on. For example, try out video ad campaigns on Facebook.
- Try a Facebook livestream (http://www.adweek.com/news/technology/facebooks-news-feed-algorithm-now-gives-preference-live-video-169947 (Facebook’s algorithm ranks these higher than 48. regular content!)
- (PRO TIP) Partner with “influencers” on social media campaigns. Studies have found that millennials trust expert opinions from “strangers” over brands (and even their friends) when it comes to making purchasing decisions. Here are 6 tips to Influencer Marketing.
- Use social media as a customer service channel. One-third of social media users would rather reach out to a brand on social media for customer service. People are pleasantly surprised to know that there is an actual person listening to their questions, comments, and concerns on social media.
- Go heavy on photos and videos on Facebook. 87% of all Facebook Page interactions happen on posts that contain visuals.
- To help increase the number of people you reach on Facebook, put aside budget for highly targeted Facebook ads. For a relatively small price, you can reach thousands of people in your local area with special offers that drive them to your business. You can target ads by ZIP code, language, gender, marital status, and many other filters.
- (PRO TIP) Create a month’s worth of campaigns, and then schedule them out in advance. This can save you from spending time every week setting up new promotions (which will be especially helpful as things get busy heading into the holiday season). Not sure how to run great Facebook ads? Check out this ebook from HubSpot and AdEspresso (http://offers.hubspot.com/successful-facebook-ads).
- Try advertising or running a contest on Instagram. Not sure how? Click here
- Target unengaged users with a special coupon, and use Facebook or Twitter for list-based retargeting.
- Run a campaign on Twitter or Facebook with lead generation cards to get new contacts immediately
- Create fall mood boards on Pinterest. Remember to use relevant hashtags and keywords.
- Celebrate new holidays. Halloween and Thanksgiving get all the glory, but you can make your business stand out with fun, social media–friendly holidays unique to your business, like a “Sweater Weather Saturday.”
- Run a retargeting campaign for your best performing offers and best-selling products
Social media is no longer just an option for B2B marketers. It has become an essential platform to be included in any successful marketing campaign. Used correctly, it will optimize your discoverability, engage your audience and boost overall web traffic to generate more leads.